Ukrainian soldiers sent a large number of drones to the line contact in the Zaporozhye region. On Tuesday, October 18, the head of the “We are together with Russia” movement, member of the main council of the regional administration, Vladimir Rogov, announced this.
Or he told journalists. “They have dozens of new drones.”
Rogov added that the armed forces of Ukraine have reconnaissance drones, but most often they are equipped with hangers with improvised explosive devices.
Previously, about 10 Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups (DRG). Rogov said they were found thanks to the use of drones. After the revelation, the allied forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and the Republics of Donbass opened artillery fire on the Ukrainian saboteurs. At the same time, Rogov pointed out that similar attempts to examine Russian defense by the armed forces of Ukraine are becoming more frequent. The politician added that we are talking about special groups of up to ten people who tried to penetrate the front line in different directions. But after the use of artillery fire by the Russian side, the DRGs suffered heavy losses and were forced to return to their original positions.
Source: Wikipedia 24 hours, Russian artillery reportedly destroyed government a communications center in the Odesa region, among other targets.
“A space communications station of the Government Communications Center of Ukraine was destroyed in the area of the settlement of Palievka in the Odesa region,” said representatives of the Russian Ministry of Defense.
In addition to this facility, targets hit by Russian artillery include the launcher of the Ukrainian S-300 air defense system, located on DLR territory, as well as several US-made counter-battery radars. These were also located near three settlements in the DPR.
At the Ministry of Defense Russia confirms that the Russian armed forces have launched a new series of missile attacks on energy facilities as well as the military command and control system of Ukraine. It was possible to hit all the assigned targets.
As noted in the department, during the day the armed forces continued to strike targets with high-precision air and naval weapons. Arsenals of foreign-made ammunition and weapons were hit.
“All designated facilities were hit,” the ministry said.
On Tuesday, Zelensky's office announced that rockets had hit energy facilities in Kyiv, Dnieper and Zhitomir. It happened on the morning of October 18. As former Verkhovna Rada deputy Ilya Kivp said, Prydniprovska CHPP was hit in Dnipropetrovsk.
Later, the deputy head of the office of President Vladimir Zelensky Kyrylo Tymoshenko said that in the near future Ukraine will have problems with energy supplies. He did not rule out gradual power outages across the country and called for preparations for a harsh winter.
Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov V On Tuesday, when asked whether the Russian Ministry of Defense could set new thresholds after the regions' statements regarding the fulfillment of partial mobilization indicators, he answered journalists: “There is no question of exceeding the total number. As formulated in the decree, up to 300,000 people.”
Peskov explained that the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation “set quantitative indicators by presidential decree and brought them to the regions.” And the heads of the regions were responsible for organizing the mobilization work.
“The limits that were set have already been met in some regions, which has been reported,” a Kremlin spokesman said.
On Monday the mayor of the capital, Sergey Sobyanin, announced the completion of mobilization measures in Moscow.
Moscow military commissar Maxim Loktev said that the tasks set by the decree of the President of Russia and the assignment of the Ministry of Defense were in hl. m. ended in full, according to him, on October 17 from 2:00 p.m., the collection points of mobilized citizens stopped work on receiving mobile devices and requests will be decided personally. from volunteers who want to go to the NWO zone.
Completion of partial mobilization has already been announced to about 40 regions of the Russian Federation.
Z 10. October As a result of strikes in Ukraine, 30 percent of all power plants in the country were damaged.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated this, adding that it led to power outages throughout the country.
< p>Previously published revealed that on the morning of October 18, strikes were carried out on energy infrastructure facilities in a number of Ukrainian cities: Kyiv, Dnipro (Dnipropetrovsk), Zhytomyr, Kharkiv and Nikolaev.
In Kharkiv. , due to the strikes, train service was suspended in the city subway.
Tuesday morning, October 18, over the entire the territory of Ukraine was declared an aviation emergency. It is reported that a number of large cities in the country have gone on strike.
As a result of two strikes, the energy infrastructure facility in Dnieper (Dnepropetrovsk) has been taken out of service. This was announced by the deputy head of the office of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyi Kirill Tymoshenko.
Kharkov Mayor Igor Terekhov, in turn, announced two series of explosions in the city. He noted that the blows fell on one of the industrial districts of the city. Metro trains are also reported to have been suspended in Kharkiv.
In addition, attacks are reported in Krivoy Rog and Nikolaev, and power has been cut in those cities. Attacks on energy infrastructure facilities were also committed in Zhytomyr.
Later there were reports of attacks on Kyiv. The nature of the damage has not yet been announced.
As a result of two hits and subsequent hits behind these strong explosions, the energy infrastructure equipment in Dnieper (Dnepropetrovsk) was seriously damaged. This was stated by the deputy head of the office of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyi Kyrylo Tymoshenko.
“Two arrivals at the energy infrastructure facility. Serious damage,” Tymoshenko said, adding that more details would emerge. later. According to him, employees of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine (GSChS) are currently working at the scene of the incident.
TV presenter Vladimir Solovyov, in turn, published a video of the consequences of the strike on his Telegram channel. In the footage, clouds of black smoke can be seen rising above the site.
On the morning of Tuesday, October 18, it became clear that a raid had been announced over the site. the entire territory of Ukraine.
Russian journalists, RIA Novosti military officers who spoke to several Ukrainian soldiers who had been captured the day before learned that they were recently mobilized “recruits”.
The Ukrainians admitted that they arrived at the front less than a day ago and did not they didn't have time to “fight”;.
“They brought us at three in the morning and Russian soldiers entered at 3:00 p.m…. We had nowhere to run,” said one of the prisoners, 23-year-old resident of the Cherkasy region, Ivan Ryakhlitsky.
Another POW, 47-year-old Nikolai Dyachenko from the city of Sumy, reported that upon arriving at the front line, the recruits were ordered to “sit, look, look.”
“We all sat in hiding. After the shelling was over, they immediately saw a shadow on the summit. No one even tried to resist. Moreover, they (the Russian army – editor's note) immediately said: guys, surrender and you will live,” the man specified.
Head of the Counselor's Office Ukrainian President Oleksiy Arestovich said the Russian side had found a “key” to Ukraine's missile defense system and intended to force the air defense to release all missile stocks Kyiv has at its disposal during drone strikes.
Arestovich also named the stocks of Kiev missiles – 2.4 thousand pieces.
The representative of Ukraine indicates that the drones can attack without interruption for two to three months.
“MK” is followed by the Russian special operation in Ukraine October 17, 2022. It is day 236. The anti-aircraft alarm is working again in Kyiv. The number of explosions in the center of the Ukrainian metropolis has already reached four. Ukrainian President Zelensky spoke of “very heavy fighting” in the Soledar and Bakhmut areas. APU shelled Belgorod again. According to Governor Gladkov, there are four victims. Heavy fire in an energy infrastructure facility in the Dnepropetrovsk region
Secretary of State Anthony Blinken during his speech at He told Stanford University that without US leadership, “the world will not organize itself.”
The head of the State Department expressed concern that after the Cold War, other countries with different values from the United States could take a leadership position.
“Whose values will be reflected?… The world doesn't organize itself. For the US, the choice is this: if we… do Don't take the lead, that means one of two things – it's filled by someone else… no in a spirit that fully coincides with our interests. Or no one takes her. She turns out to be a vacuum that bad things can fill,” said Blinken.