Print The service of the International Atomic Energy Agency sent out a statement from the head of the IAEA, Rafael Grossi, in which he confirmed the dispatch of inspectors to Ukraine in connection with Russia's statements that Kyiv is preparing provocations with a “dirty bomb”.
According to Grossi, the agency is aware of the Russian Federation's statement on Sunday about alleged activities at two nuclear sites in Ukraine.
“Director General Rafael Grossi confirmed that both sites operate under IAEA Safeguards and have been regularly visited by inspectors from the agency, which is preparing a visit in the coming days device,” the report reads.
White House National Security Council Strategic Communications Coordinator John Kirby commented on reports that Kyiv may be preparing a “dirty bomb” provocation. At the same time, representatives of the Ukrainian side denied this and accused Russia of preparing to use such a bomb.
“At this stage, we do not see any evidence of preparations for the use of nuclear weapons or dirty bombs from the Russian side,” the official said. The White House.
Kirby added that the US takes all such reports very seriously.
American businessman Elon Musk reacted sharply to world chess champion Garry Kasparov (a recognized foreign agent in Russia), who criticized Musk's previously published version of a peaceful settlement of the situation around Ukraine.
“So.” why are people sitting in the comfort of their homes in Silicon Valley and telling Ukraine how to run its own business?” Kasparov said in an interview with CNBC, adding that he considers Elon Musk's behavior “moral idiocy” and “geopolitical blindness.”< /p>
Musk posted on social networks that although Kasparov plays chess almost as well as his iPhone, “otherwise he is an idiot”.
The head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Major General Kirill Budanov, told Ukrainian media that, in his opinion, the Russian army is only creating the illusion that it is leaving Kherson, but in fact they are preparing for defense and bringing new troops there.
Budanov noted that he had no information that Russian troops were about to leave Kherson. He noted that cash and bank vaults are indeed exported from Kherson and exported seriously injured. At the same time, however, new troops are arriving in Kherson and defensive lines are being built in the streets.
He added that the Ukrainian army needs to take control of the Kakhovka dam, which is the only full – developed traffic artery. Then, according to him, it will be more difficult for Russian troops to defend Kherson.
The latest Russian T-90 Proryv-3 tanks have been sent to the zone of Russian special operations. The tank was first presented to the public at the international military-technical forum Army-2018, and the first vehicles were handed over to the soldiers in the spring of 2020. Uralvagonzavod started serial production in early 2021.
According to Avia.pro, the tanks were sent to direct participation in a special operation. they are capable of hitting almost all types of targets, and these tanks have modern protection that reduces the risk of being hit by NATO-standard anti-tank systems.
The released footage shows at least four Proryv-3 tanks on a railway platform.
Deputy Chairman of the Security Council of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Medvedev, showed on his Telegram channel footage of an inspection inspection of the production of tank tanks at the Uralvagonzavod corporation in Nizhny Tagil.
He noted that the issues of speeding up the supply of equipment to soldiers for use during special operations.
“We pointed out the responsibility of all co-executors of the state order, including the criminal one,” Medvedev emphasized.
He also commented on the statements of some Western and Ukrainian experts that military equipment and the weapons in demand may be running out in Russia.
“Do not hope. Issues of weapons and special equipment are multiplying in all directions: from tanks and cannons to high-precision missiles and drones. Wait!,” Medvedev summed up.
Press Secretary of the Russian President Dmitry Peskov said the reduction in contacts between Russian leader Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and French President Emmanuel Macron was due to their lack of desire to listen to Russia's position.
According to Peskov, Scholz and Macron also do not want to participate in any mediation efforts, so there is less contact with them.
Peskov pointed out the continued contacts of the Russian leader with Turkish President Recep Erdogan, as Ankara expresses its readiness to continue mediation efforts.
Deputies of the State Duma of Russia federation Ivan Sucharev and Sergey Karginov came up with a proposal to exempt from mobilization men who have two children and whose wife is currently pregnant. This is reported by RT with reference to the available copy of the letter of deputies addressed to the First Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov.
It should be noted that today men who have four or more dependent children under the age of 16, as well as having three children under 16 years and a wife whose pregnancy is at least 22 weeks. In addition, federal legislators and a number of other categories of citizens are exempt from conscription.
Deputies are proposing an amendment to the legislation, according to which a deferment will be granted to men who have two children under the age of 10. 16 and who have a pregnant wife, gestational age that is at least 22 weeks. Lawmakers turned to the government with a request for an official position of the Cabinet of Ministers on this issue.
French Foreign Ministers and Great Britain Catherine Colonna and James Cleverley, as well as US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, issued a statement according to which their countries reject the claims of the Russian Federation that Ukrainian officials are ready to use the so-called “dirty bomb” on the territory of their country.
They say they reject Russia's “false claims.”
“The world can recognize any attempt to use these and similar claims as a pretext for escalation,” the politicians said.
Ukraine's Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov earlier on social networks, he announced the steps taken by the representatives of Kyiv against the background of accusations that Kyiv was preparing a provocation on Ukrainian territory using a “dirty bomb.”
He specified that he had already invited the monitoring missions of the IAEA and the United Nations to Ukraine.